In order to get the most out of your Lake Cities Chamber membership, we encourage you to become involved with one or more of our committees or events.
If you would like to be more involved in the Lake Cities business community, the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce has plenty of opportunities.
Chamber Business Ambassadors
The Ambassadors are the good will representatives of the Chamber. They serve as the welcoming committee for new members, represent the Chamber at ribbon cuttings, serve as hosts at special events, and represent the Chamber to the community as they conduct day-to-day business.
There are a number of benefits to being an Ambassador: Excellent networking opportunities, business leads and visibility; access to Chamber member list and new Chamber members; increased exposure to the Chamber and its initiatives; and increased recognition for both the individual and organization in the business community – Ambassador of the Month, Ambassador of the Year, and recognition at Annual Banquet.
Ambassadors are very important to our Chamber. Anyone wishing to be an Ambassador should contact Randy Clark at 808-799-9789 or the Chamber Office at 940-497-3097.
VP Marketing & Business Development
Independent Insurance Agent representing
Running Boards Marketing
Enterpirse Security Solutions of Texas
Events & Fundraising
Luncheons & Speakers
The Lake Cities Chamber Mixers are quarterly events designed for Chamber Members and guests to network and interact in a social environment. These events are typically held late afternoon or early evening after work hours and can involve happy hour, games, picnics or other types of fun settings.
Most of all, it gives participants an opportunity to have more one-on-one interaction which we believe improves local commerce. The events are ideally held the 2nd Thursday of the month.
Anyone wishing to be involved in Mixers should contact Gary Peppers at 940-321-7100 or the Chamber Office at 940-497-3097.
Scholarships & Programs
The Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce (LCCC) is offering two $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors wishing to continue their education after high school at a college, university, community college, or vocational school. Candidates must demonstrate their passion for involvement through community activities, employment, and/or school activities.
- Applicants must meet only one of the following criteria to be eligible for an award:
- Resident of Corinth, Hickory Creek, Lake Dallas, or Shady Shores; OR
- Attends Charter/Home/Private or Public School in the Lake Cities Area
- Applicants must be graduating high school in 2022.
- Applicants must have a “C” average or better as verified by a transcript included with the application packet.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in community, employment, and/or school activities.
- Have an e-mail address which they regularly monitor, as this will be the primary form of communication between the applicant and the LCCC.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Financial need is not a consideration in awarding these scholarships.
- The LCCC Scholarship Selection Committee determines final discretion of eligibility of applicant.
Submitting Scholarship Application Packets
There are several ways to submit the scholarship application packets
- Applications may be hand-delivered to the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce office located at 3101 S. Garrison Rd, Corinth, TX. Applicants may mail their packets to the Chamber at: P. O. Box 1028 – Lake Dallas, TX 75065. Please be sure to allow enough time for an on-time delivery. Anything delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
- An e-mail delivery of the application to email@example.com on or before noon on January 14th, 2022. (confirmation of receipt will be given). An original copy will need to be mailed or delivered to the Chamber office.
- A selection committee comprised of 3-5 Chamber members who will read and consider the applications received.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the applicants whose application best indicates their ability to achieve the academic or vocational goals stated on the application.
- The committee will select the recipients based on the information provided by the student on the application form.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee of the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce will make the final award selections.
Social Media & Marketing
There are always exciting events happening in the Lake Cities Chamber, and it’s important that we capture the moments on camera and promote the people and businesses associated with each event.
If you enjoy taking pictures, writing articles and blogs, working on the development side of a website, please contact Michelle McLaren at 940-206-4333 or contact the Chamber Office at 940-497-3097.