Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce
The Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce (LCCC) is offering two $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors wishing to continue their education after high school at a college, university, community college, or vocational school. Candidates must demonstrate their passion for involvement through community activities, employment, and/or school activities.
- Applicants must meet only one of the following criteria to be eligible for an award:
- Resident of Corinth, Hickory Creek, Lake Dallas, or Shady Shores; OR
- Attends Charter/Home/Private or Public School in the Lake Cities Area
- Applicants must be graduating high school in 2022.
- Applicants must have a “C” average or better as verified by a transcript included with the application packet.
- Applicants must demonstrate participation in community, employment, and/or school activities.
- Have an e-mail address which they regularly monitor, as this will be the primary form of communication between the applicant and the LCCC.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Financial need is not a consideration in awarding these scholarships.
- The LCCC Scholarship Selection Committee determines final discretion of eligibility of applicant.
Submitting Scholarship Application Packets
There are several ways to submit the scholarship application packets
- Applications may be hand-delivered to the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce office located at 3101 S. Garrison Rd, Corinth, TX . Applicants may mail their packets to the Chamber at: P. O. Box 1028 - Lake Dallas, TX 75065. Please be sure to allow enough time for an on-time delivery. Anything delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
- An e-mail delivery of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before noon on January 14th, 2022. (confirmation of receipt will be given). An original copy will need to be mailed or delivered to the Chamber office.
- A selection committee comprised of 3-5 Chamber members who will read and consider the applications received.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the applicants whose application best indicates their ability to achieve the academic or vocational goals stated on the application.
- The committee will select the recipients based on the information provided by the student on the application form.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee of the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce will make the final award selections.
Timeline / Checklist for Applicants
December 1, 2021
Applications available from high school counselor or online at www.lakecitieschamber.com. Please note: applicants cannot submit their application on-line, but can submit it via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put LCCC Scholarship Application in the subject.
January 14, 2021
Application packages are due no later than noon by mail or in person to LCCC – use addresses shown on the application form. Applicants mailing their applications should do so well enough in advance to ensure timely arrival. All late or incomplete applications will be rejected without review; no exceptions.
January 31st, 2021
Notifications of scholarship recipients and schools.
Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce Awards Ceremony
The Lake Cities Chamber will gladly recognize scholarship recipients at any school-sponsored awards or graduation ceremony.
If selected for an award, applicant’s consent to the use of their name, picture, and selected information from their application (excluding any contact information) in the LCCC publicity. While the LCCC is committed to the youth of our community and to the offering of this program, it nonetheless reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend, augment, or cancel all or any part of this program at any time and for any reason.
If there are any questions, the applicants or counselors may contact the Chamber office at 940.497.3097 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.